Join us for an online event on Thursday, 5 October 2023 at 6pm, to share your views and feedback on the new model of care.
Date and time: Thursday, 5 October 2023 – 18:00 to 19:30hrs
Location: Online via Microsoft teams
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
This event is especially aimed at local people from Hounslow and Ealing as we want make sure their voice is heard as we look to develop services for adults that meet all of our diverse communities needs and provide high quality care and good patient experience when they are on their journey to the end of their life.
Hounslow and Ealing residents are invited to join this online event and respond to the proposed new model of care for community-based specialist care for adults in North West London.
The new model covers a wide range of community-based specialist palliative care services that will help patients to stay in their own home or usual place of residence, whilst allowing them the flexibility to move to a different care setting if needed. It increases the range and number of inpatient bed care options available by introducing enhanced end-of-life care beds, for people with less complex specialist palliative care needs who still require inpatient care, on top of the existing hospice inpatient beds currently in place and projected to be required over the next five and beyond.
The model also includes an extension of a number of existing services to level-up provision and availability across all eight NW London boroughs, including:
- Extended provision of 24/7 telephone advice lines for existing and new patients
- Extended days and hours of care provision by specialist teams
- Increased support to care homes
- Expansion of Hospice at Home services to all boroughs, supporting up to 24-hour care in patients’ homes
- The introduction of new common standards for psychological and bereavement support services
- Expansion of lymphoedema services